A few weeks back, Andy and I decided to have a bottle of wine with dinner. We were missing out on our annual family trip to Walla Walla for wine (due to a scheduling mishap/lack of extra money to jet out of town), so we opened up a bottle of wine from last year's trip and enjoyed our home made meal and some Jeopardy. A bottle of wine led to other mixed concoctions, and by the end of the evening, my step-brother had come over (via a drunk dial by yours truly) to play ping pong until four in the morning. I crashed sometime around 1am with the intent of getting a decent amount of sleep before we headed over to the pumpkin patch in the morning with my mom and Tommy. Andy and Ian didn't hit the sack till close to 4am.
Somehow, we all made it out the door by 9:30am. I had a little food before we left the house, but the boys were craving something greasy. So, in my half-awake/nerpy state, we headed to Macdarbles. I'm glad I ate before we left the house. Needless to say, it's much more difficult to bounce back from a night of drinks now that it was 10 years ago. And I don't get silly with the drinks very often; it's a once in a blue moon sorta deal. I was feeling rather lethargic until Sunday evening. At least we had some fun at the pumpkin patch and we were able to stave off the rain. If you find yourself in the area, be sure to check out
Bi-Zi Farms for a fun time!
 |
| Beautiful, delicious apples. |
 |
| Ermagherd! At least it was delicious. |
 |
| Corn for husking |
 |
| Old fashioned cider press |
 |
| Cider press |
 |
| Tommy, king of the mountain, who was hastily avoiding the camera. |
 |
| No pictures, please. |
 |
| Hello there, goat friend. |
 |
| These kids knew there was food around. |
 |
| I liked his fuzzy coat. |
 |
| From this angle it looks as if the goat is stepping on his friend. |
 |
| Tommy, feeding the goats. |
 |
| My mom joked that she'd be purchasing a goat for Tommy for Christmas. |
 |
| Off to the pumpkin patch! |
 |
| Muddy pumpkin patch = : P |
 |
| He's totally not hungover |
 |
| Ahh, pumpkin smash |
 |
| We found some winners! |
 |
| Hold onto that hot cocoa |
 |
| Time to wash the pumpkins! |
 |
| The well water was pretty cold |
 |
| Everyone is getting in on the action. |
 |
| Weeee! |
No comments:
Post a Comment