This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A visit to Bend, Oregon

Here are some photos from our trip to Bend, Oregon last month.

Starting off at the Sno Park on Mt. Hood for a quick rest stop. We don't know what was beyond the sign besides a small stream. I did leave a fancy tip on the Yelp page for this location. :P

Fine art inside my in-laws rental cabin.

No explanation needed 
South Sister 
Another shot of South Sister. I also kayaked across this lake. 

Bend put a bird on it. Also, roundabouts are a huge part of the city's infrastructure and I like it!

Sour Hibiscus Ale from 10 Barrel Brewing 
I wanted to eat all the things at The Sparrow Bakery

Gratuitous menu shot 
Croque Monsieur

Courtyard outside the bakery 
Olive tree

Fancy windows 
Art for sale inside The Workhouse
Entrance to The Workhouse

Idyllic patio scene

Please do! 
Andy sent me this shot after he, his brother, and dad summited South Sister. You can see Middle Sister, North Sister, Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Hood, and Mt. Adams. 
Shave Ice from Dakine Grindz!

How much is that tee shirt in the window?

Broken down brewery system tank outside of Boneyard Brewery

Girl beer 
Sno! I took this photo for my friend, Sarah. This drive-in is located in Sisters, Oregon. I'm sure their food is amazing!

Hahahaha....

Car window shot of the free antique show in the park, which was the reason for driving over to Sisters. The town has this cute western vibe going on that is very reminiscent of Knott's Berry Farm. 

Flowers outside the Les Schwab Amphitheater




Old Mill District in the distance

Oregon Trunk Railroad Depot

Entrance to the amphitheater

Old Mill District in background. I was surprised that the amphitheater is in the middle of town. I always imagined it to be in the middle of nowhere.

Railroad scale

Nature walk in Bend

Dusk in Bend 
Part of the Old Mill District
Sunset view from the summit of Pilot Butte

Sunset in Bend

Information for you to read atop of Pilot Butte

Locator

Menu at The Original Pankcake House


What to order?

Coconut pancakes and sausage, please!

Potato pancakes for Andy!

No vacation is complete without a trip to the local Goodwill. 

Goodwill

I have no idea what I would've done with a projector, but this definitely brought me back to high school!
Panoramic on top of Pilot Butte in the day time. 

On our way home shot. Trying to take a photo of the wild fire outside of Warm Springs, OR. 

This is where Andy told me to stop taking pictures while driving.


One more side shot of Mt. Jefferson

1 comment:

  1. Re: The Projector. I've always wanted one because if you have a cool design or scene, you can project it on a wall, trace, and paint. Kind of old school but could be useful for that basement of yours!

    ReplyDelete