This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Morning Gem

A few moments ago, I found a cd maxi-single that I had long forgotten about. As soon as I recognized it, I popped it into my cd-rom drive. Wow, talk about feeling 15 years old all over again! It's the Alanis Morissette "Ironic" single that includes live versions of  "Forgiven", "Not the Doctor", and "Wake Up". Back in the mid-late '90s, these were the days of mall music stores (Musicland, Sam Goody) and a few gone-but-not-forgotten big box stores (Circuit City, Tower Records). Finding cd-singles and imports was like finding a needle in a haystack. Especially for for a die hard Alanis fan who was sailing high on a recent concert experience. Ebay was in its infancy and cd-burning had not yet diminished what chances I had to find an authentic import or B-side. What little allowance money I managed to acquire went into purchasing these gems. I must have rocked out to this cd on repeat in my Sony Walkman, lying on my floor with my headphones on, getting lost in a bliss of rock and roll. To this day, my dad still jokes about my accrual of copies of Jagged Little Pill (Alanis' first US release), and if each subsequent album she releases is "just another live version" of JLP. Haha, Dad! Your joke still makes me laugh. :)


For your listening enjoyment: 



No comments:

Post a Comment