With two quarts at a time, it's definitely cheaper to make from scratch. Plus, using local berries and knowing each ingredient is a big plus. Here's a pro tip: if you're blending hot liquids with solids, use a blender instead of a food processor, otherwise you'll end up with a mess like the one seen below.
| Yes, this mess drizzled between the fridge and counter. |
We completely slacked for 3 weeks and didn't complete any runs (although we did hike at least twice and walked quite a bit in Vegas; at least two miles in 95 degree heat on the first day). We're on W9D2 of C25k, and with our 5k quickly approaching, we're trying to (slowly) increase speed and keep muscle aches at bay with extra rest. I am quite happy to say that I can successfully run for 30 minutes! Last night I tracked only my running mileage and was able to bust out 2.4 miles. Woo! I definitely have a ways to go and need to keep reminding myself that I am new runner, each run can't always be as fast as the one before, and I am still exercising and improving my endurance. I was feeling aok during the first 10 minutes, but quickly felt my legs begin to ache and a blister introduce itself on my foot. Argh! Andy's been timing himself for the last two runs and is completing a 5k in about
| Looking east toward Silver Star Mountain. |
No comments:
Post a Comment