This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Let's start with antiquing

Over the weekend Andy, my dad and I checked out the Palmer Whirfs Antique Show and the Portland Expo Center. The July show is always the largest as it extends out into the parking lot, plus covers the entirety of two large halls. My dad was bewildered that even the center's lot was full by 10:00am. The bright side was that we saved a few bucks on parking by using public transportation.

I'm sure with the popularity of shows such as Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, and Cash and Cari (one of my favorites), everyone is out looking for the next big treasure. Even after checking out an estate sale a few weeks back on the "preview Friday," there was a line on the property of at least 75 people! Yard/garage/estate sales have always been popular, but are the days of being in the "know" gone? Is this a fad that will lose its hype at some point? For as long as folks want to part with their belongings, there is always someone willing to give these items a new lease on life. Andy and I are still figuring out where to draw the line when it comes to collecting. Here are some photos of fun items I saw and few items we picked up.

So many lotions, potions and tonics; oh my!

I love the font on these signs.

A super spendy Fostoria punch bowl & glasses. My grandmother has a very large collection of Fostoria that will most likely be passed down to me.

Vacation fund anyone?

I recently discovered S&H green stamps when I picked up a few booklets at an estate sale. More information on Green Stamps.

Oh yeah!
I'm pretty sure somebody stole this sign and decided to sell it for $200.
Hula gal
Frito KID

A garden gnome for your yard.

So many pretty red, white and blue items!

Bow down.

Woof!

Yellow and green!

Who me?

Lovin' the orange!

Fenton Carnival Imperial Grape glass bowl in helios. So pretty!

Inside view. I picked up this gem for $20 after striking up a conversation with the seller about Carnival glass. It was originally priced at $30.

Andy's finds from the show: an official Mariner's belt buckle (only 10,000 were made in 1988), and a M's beer tap handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment