This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Back in the 'Couve

Our stint at the beach came to an end in mid-January. After a long month of packing, looking for work, moving, and ridding our lives of landlord/neighbor stress, we made it back to our home town safe and sound. Andy secured work at his previous place of employment and I found part-time work with a local non-profit (as well as started volunteering at my old gig). From what I've been told, my hours will quickly move to full time in the next few weeks which will be good for the ol' pocket book.

In other jobby job news, Andy has interviewed for an apprenticeship with Bonneville Power and it'll most likely be another week or two before he is potentially offered a position (or told to try again next year). If so, the position could place us in Vancouver, Longview, Olympia, Wenatchee, the Tri-Cities, Eugene, Salem, or Kalispell, Montana. I haven't been, nor have I wanted to think about potentially moving again, so we're taking life one day at a time, which is the best anyone can do. We're pretty much keeping our fingers and toes crossed that if offered a position, it keeps us here in town!

I am lacking in recent photos and I really wish I had something awesome to post. This shot from the August 2010 Lady Gaga concert will have to do.

I don't think Andy was tired; I think the flash caught him off guard!

This is a "problem" I've had in the last year: not taking my camera with me, as I have one on my phone. When I do track down my camera, I end up having to charge the battery, thus taking pictures of other things/people with my phone and never any of myself or the two of us. Here's to more photos!

2 comments:

  1. I’m glad that you’re settled in. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you don’t have to move, but if you do have to move… they better send you to Olympia. We could have craft nights again =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara! You won the Target gift card contest on my blog. Can you send me your email to navigatingthemothership[AT]gmail[DOT]com? Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete