This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let's play catch up

Reverb... oh, Reverb. How I've neglected your prompts for one reason or another 99.

December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? - Keep applying for jobs/secure a new job, so we can move back to PDX!

December 14 – Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? - My family. My husband. My friends. Even though many of us are far from each other, we keep in touch (or at least make a damn good effort to try). I've also come to appreciate my down time, expressing gratitude by taking care of myself and getting in a lot of Cara time.

December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. - 2010 started off fairly mellow, with a busy work season and the anticipation for spring. Spring found you with a little family drama, but great happiness for your nephew and taking steps away from your sister. With summer came job changes and a big move, even bigger than you'd ever imagined it to be. With autumn, changing leaves and weather, more ideas for big changes have appeared on the horizon. Now with the winter solstice and holidays upon you, keep up with your wishes and dreams and enjoy the upcoming weeks with your family.

December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?- I don't think anyone has significantly changed my world perspective... this is such a heavy question! I'm amazed with my friends who are able to make big moves to new cities, big changes to their families, big breaks from relationships, and big additions to their homes... I often wonder what I'll be doing next that will be big. I'm sure a lot of the changes have been planned and maybe others on a whim. Even still, (to me) change is hard but often a good thing!

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? - Not so much about myself, but about letting other people have time to themselves, as I so much need it now and again. Time to breathe, to think, to destress, to cry, to do whatever it takes to get back to feeling normal and sane.

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? - I want to try to travel more. Very little traveling happened this year, although plans were tentatively made, but then changed due to moving/job changes/etc.


December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? - I don't think I needed to be healed this year... not sure what will happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment