This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes


Andy's been offered and has accepted a brewery position with Rogue in Newport, Oregon.The overall concensus has been quite positive, encouraging, and OMG TAKE THE JOB NOW-esque. If you didn't already know, Andy's been quite interested in home brewing over the last 6-8 months and has sucessfully brewed 5 or 6 batches of beer with his dad. Applying for jobs here and there, he's been ready to leave his production job for quite some time. About three months ago, he started looking into brewey jobs and schools, trying to get his foot in the door. After a long wait, someone at Rogue finally took notice of his resume and found him suitable to fill the vacany that is a few steps up the ladder from entry level brewery production. As he (hopefully) moves up the ladder to become a brewer, his chances are greater as the company tends to hire from within. Andy's big wish lies somewhere down the road, opening his own brewery with his dad.

My feelings in all of this? I've been feeling quite anxious for the last week. To gain more control I've been making to-do lists, searching for new jobs, housing, and imagining our new lives as beach bums. I am afraid that I won't find a job or we won't find a place to live. I'm also overwhelmed with the requests for last minute get togethers from family, friends, and co-workers, as well as the daunting job of packing all our belongings. I'm also sad to be leaving a job I love, my nephew (whom I love watching grow), and the hustle and bustle of the city. I know a lot of these feelings will pass with time and I'll have Andy to lean on for support. On the flip side, I am happy and excited to support Andy's new career and starting fresh sounds pretty nice right about now. You can't wait for things to happen, so why not mix it up when you can?

3 comments:

  1. All these people asking for last dinners/get togethers just remind them that you are only a short drive away! Gives them a good reason to come down there. I am allowed to see you though since I am moving a long, long drive away!

    http://www.dolphinrealtynewport.com/rr.cfm
    http://www.discoverourtown.com/OR/Newport/Relocation-3092.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is almost always scary - and usually comes with some sacrifices. But it sounds like there are lots of great things about this change!! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the encouragement and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete