This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December meme

1. Best moment of January: the following conversation with Tommy...

In the car on our way to dinner... 

Tommy - "I can't wait until King Jr.'s birthday!" 
Andy and Cara - "Who?" (while thinking he said Ken Griffey Jr.) 
Tommy - "Martin King JUNIOR'S birthday, on Monday!" 
Andy and Cara - "Ohhhh!"
Cara - "Does that mean we get to make him a cake?" 
Tommy - "No, because he already died." 
Andrew - "Do you know why he died?" 
Tommy - "Because somebody didn't like the words he used." 
Andy - "Fair enough!"

2. Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors):

Landing in Maui to 80 degree breezy warm air, meeting up with Jason & Amy at the luggage turnstiles, renting a car at the last moment via our smart phones, and then driving a few miles to the Geste Shrimp Truck to eat the most delicious meal we'd had that day. 






3. Best moment of February: bowling with Andy, my Dad, and Cailyn. 





4. Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step? 

I did not follow through with my goal of reading as many books as I wanted for this calendar year. My next step is to give myself a little more time. I still engaged in a lot of reading, but there were large blocks of time where other life issues arose (mom's health, change in jobs for both Andy and I) and took major precedence. With that, I'll keep trying and make reading happen! 

Read the Printed Word!

5. Best moment of March: Finding out my mom was going to be okay after a week long stay in the hospital (via the emergency room and ICU). I somehow managed to keep it together 99% of the time, kept dozens informed of her status via phone calls/text messages/Facebook updates, and took care of Tommy for the week, A true hero, he saved his Gammy's life by pestering her to call Aunt Cara. Even now as I read back through my Facebook status updates, a lot of it seems like a very long blur. My mom lost a few days of her life as she was intubated and sedated, but came out stronger and with the knowledge that her time on this earth is not yet up. And for that, I am truly and deeply thankful. 

6. Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? 
To follow up on what I just wrote, the answer would have to be when my mom said it was okay for us to go to Maui. We knew she'd be in good hands with close friends and family nearby, and it was the much needed vacation to a previously stressful two weeks. 

7. Best moment of April: Accepting my new position as a transitional housing case manager! 

8. One Word. Encapsulate the year 2012 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. 

Surprising. When things looked bleak this year, there always seemed to be a silver lining. There was always somebody close by on which I could count. A lot of people came through to help, lend an ear, be a support person, or just be. I am again, quite thankful. 

Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2013 for you? 

Beauty. Not sure why yet, but it's what I foresee. 

9. Best moment of May: Tommy's 6th birthday was quite fun!


Presents!

Another moment - From my Facebook status on May 3, 2012: 14,426 calls later (yes, I calculated), my tenure at 211info is about to come to a close. I'm taking the last 30 minutes to fill out an exit interview worksheet.

10. 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2012 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2012. 

Any time spent with Andy and the family. Vacations, Tommy's t-ball games, new jobs, weddings, running. It's been a good year!

On our lanai in Maui

Shave ice!

Tommy was a little cold while we watched the Apple Blossom festivities in Wenatchee. 

Aunt Vivian marries Uncle Buddy!

Tommy's first Mariners game 
Orange saltwaters

One of our many nature walks in the Columbia River Gorge

Not Gucci, but still awesome!

Dasya and Tyler got married!

I met Meiko!

My 11th Alanis Morissette concert!

The Palouse and Blue Mountains in Walla Walla, WA. 

11. Best moment of June: my birthday was pretty good. I was more ready to turn 31 than I was 29, that's for sure!  Andy and I also took a 14 mile bike ride out to Vancouver Lake and got back into hiking and running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment