 |
| You taste good with ranch dressing. And by golly, do Americans LOVE ranch! Picture from wikipedia.org. |
You're probably thinking "WTF? Cauliflower?!" Why yes, it IS possible to make a pizza crust with this vegetable, and apparently it is the cool new thing! I found this recipe via a friend's Facebook page and had also noticed it around other blogs and Pinterest as of late. Without further ado, here are a few photos along with commentary on my BBQ chicken pizza.
 |
| Rice your cauliflower. Cut of the stems, chop it into small pieces, and throw it in your food processor. If you don't own a food processor, you can also grate the head of cauliflower with a cheese grater. Once you've completed the ricing, microwave (in a safe bowl) the contents for about 7-8 minutes. |
Next, I skipped the photo part (as my hands were messy) where you add two eggs, about a cup of mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, thyme (I was out of oregano), and pepper. Mix these ingredients together with the cauliflower and get ready to assemble into a crust formation on your baking sheet. If you're worried about the eggs cooking, give the cauliflower a few moments to cool. Next, be sure to use your favorite non-stick cooking spray to coat your baking sheet. Don't be a fuddy duddy like me and brush it with olive oil; the crust WILL stick. Assemble as you see fit and bake in a pre-heated 450* F oven for 15 minutes.
 |
My oh my, the smell of this crust is amazing! I suppose you could top this with a little more cheese, broil, and then dip in your favorite marinara sauce. Despite the random sticking, the crust was still enjoyable.
|
 |
| Mixed greens, shredded/cooked chicken breast, BBQ sauce, diced tomatoes, jalapeno, and pepper served as pizza toppings. |
 |
| Top with parmigiana and mozzarella cheese. |
 |
| Broil until brown and bubbly. This pizza was a big hit with us and tasty to boot. I was surprised at the subtle taste of cauliflower and how well everything tied together. I may try to cook the crust at a higher heat (with watchful eyes) next time to see if it holds together... or possibly make a smaller pizza? This was definitely an eat-with-a-fork meal. Enjoy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment