This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oregon Coast Adventures

I've been browsing through my photo/video folder on the ol' phone and have discovered a few gems from the last year. Here's a video and a few photos from a January 2011 drive south on Highway 101. We stopped at the Devil's Churn just south of Yachats, OR, then made a few random stops along the way for pictures, video game hunting, and thrift shopping. This was the first and only trip we made south on 101 during our stint on the coast, as we hardly ever had days off together or much in the way of spending money.



Egyptian Theatre in Coos Bay, Oregon

Cape Perpetua Scenic Area

Heceta Head Lighthouse

Devil's Churn

We also dined at the Blue Heron Bistro in Coos Bay, which had a rather interesting mix of German and Seafood. I enjoyed the Broiled Scampi while Andy went with the Oktoberfest, which I seem to remember being quite the large meal. We'd arrived in Coos Bay after 6pm or so and found that most of the shops in the downtown area were closed. We didn't want to drive back to Depoe Bay just yet, so we decided to see Black Swan at the theater in North Bend. Upon arriving, I realized I'd left my debit card at the restaurant. A quick jaunt back and forth and we were able to make the movie! The almost 3 hour drive back was long but we had episodes of This American Life to get us through.


No comments:

Post a Comment