This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day in the Life 10/8/11


Aiko and Suki, on a lazy Saturday morning.
Andy works every other weekend which falls on this weekend, so you won't see him in many of the photos. Yesterday, my sister had to work and my mom was attending a conference, so I took my nephew Tommy for the day. We took a trip over to the Portland Children's Museum for a few hours of fun. I tried to document as much of the day, which often led to narrating in my head as I took photos. Anywho, this first attempt was fun and I'd definitely do this again.

Good morning! It's 8:30am and this smile is forced.

These kitties are messy and love to "score" points by dropping toys in the food dish.

A little breakfast

I think it's time to reorganize the fridge.

Yes! Beaches is on tv!


Dressed and hair is suitable for leaving the house.


A quick good morning message to Andy B!

Sunshine on the car.

We just spent $721 for car repairs last week and I'm happy to report that out lil' TDI is running smoothly.

Duck lips in the car.

Pulling into my mom's driveway.

Tommy is there to greet me at the door!



We go to the backyard to check on our garden.

More cherry tomatoes! I need to harvest these fellas.

A long view of the garden and some lovely autumn sunshine.
I tried to get a photo of my cute outfit, but Tommy is sneaking up the kitty.

Cute cowgirl boots

My sister, Cailyn, getting Tommy ready.

Hello, Portland!

We had a nice break from the rain; looking south at the skyline.

Heading into the West Hills tunnel.

Time check!

We've arrived!
The first of many photos of Tommy in action at the museum.
Magnets, hard hats, and buildings, oh my!
The water room
Mega Light Bright!
Rolling out the clay.
The museum had a special LEGO castle exhibit that Tommy loved!
He's been in love with castles for about two years.

You can't really tell, but I put on a fake horse/jousting costume and I was able to snap a quick photo.
This floor is awesome! I imagine this floor existed when OMSI occupied the space, back in the 1970s/80s.

Tommy, in action.
Tommy loved playing in the bistro/grocery store. He was listening to to-go orders on the telephone. He even charged me $5 for a slice of pie!

Ninja Tommy, post-lunch.

One last stop at the dig pit.
Back at home around 3:00pm. I'm checking Facebook, while Tommy is catching up on a little Sponge Bob.

He napped in the car for about 15 minutes, but only because "the song on the radio was boring."
A little afternoon hot chocolate for Aunt Cara.

And a late lunch of salad and leftover spagooder!

Tommy napped a bit from 3:30-4:45pm, and then he won at the Game of Life, which we played before uncle Andy came home around 6pm.

Uncle Andy is home from work  and so we head back to my mom's house around 6:30pm.

Uncle Andy has joined us!
8pm Football! Washington State v. UCLA. Go Cougars! You will only hear me say this if the UW Huskies are not playing.

Cailyn, post-pizza dinner (which I forgot to document along with post-dinner UNO playing). We hung out at my mom's house until about 10:30pm, socializing with her BFFs from high school who were visiting from Northern California.

Back at home, Andy is playing Angry Birds around 11pm.

I think I'll peruse this book for a few minutes. We turned out the lights just after 11:30pm; Andy had another early work day starting at 5:45am!

3 comments:

  1. OOh - I'm so intrigued by the Unstuff your life book. Were you exhausted post Children's Museum. Those places are so tiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is great! A little wordy, but easy to navigate. Yes! I was rather tired after visiting the museum. Tommy loved it and didn't want to leave, even after three hours of wandering around. I have no idea how kids do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading days of mamas with older kids. Like Laura, I'm always super exhausted after the Children's Museum too.. and I think my daughter would stay there forever if I let her!

    ReplyDelete