This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 2!

I was a day ahead of Andy, so I repeated W1D3. HOLY COW! My shins pretty much gave out on me and I walked for runs 5-7. Again, I caught my second wind and was able to complete the last two runs. Andy's shins also gave him grief... I'm quite glad that I had the chance to repeat this run.

W2D1: It definitely felt easier running longer and stopping less. The shins were still a tad achy, but the workout seemed to zoom by.

W2D2: The endurance is there! This run was by far the least tiring, but the shins (again) were not having it. Not as painful as the extra run in W1, but enough to not allow for speedy jogs.

Overall, we're completing about 2 miles of walking/jogging each time AND we've managed to workout out 4 out of the last 7 days! Tomorrow will bring W2D3; here's hoping the last two days of rest will have helped the muscles repair!

In other news, we went out to Screen Door last night for dinner and it was fantastic. I enjoyed the Screen Door Plate that included a few samples of their house made mac & cheese, fried catfish and coleslaw. Andy had a massive portion of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and collard greens. We also ordered the hush puppies as an appetizer, not realizing how large the dinner portions would be. We brought home a LOT of leftovers! Following our feast, we checked out Full Metal Jacket at the Laurelhurst Theater for $3, while enjoying some after dinner coffee and candy. Talk about being desensitized to all things war... What's crazy is that I had previously seen the first 45 minutes of the film in a high school video production class, complete with all swearing and graphic imagery. Watching it 12 years later, I'm wondering how my teacher got away with showing it to a bunch of 16 and 17 year old kids. I recall him stating that the language wasn't anything we hadn't heard before, and we were supposed to pay attention to the filming style and incorporation of music. It's definitely an attention keeper no matter what your age!

2 comments:

  1. I love Screen Door! When I went there I had the fried green tomatoes and they were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surface that you run on can cause the shin splints. A good place (assuming it still exists, and is anywhere near where you're living now...where are you living now??) is over by Clark. Like, there's that intersection near the Fort, and Clark's on one corner, the Clark or Bay track is on the other, Marshall Center is (was?) on another, and then the last corner is a jogging trail that's all sawdusty and won't cause shinsplints. Or at least it used to be there :)

    *Sno*

    ReplyDelete