Prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?
I eat, browse Facebook, read over 70+ blogs, watch downloaded television shows/movies, crochet, work (but only about 15 hours/week), clean the apartment, look for new jobs, new housing, hang out with Andy, and occasionally leave town to grocery shop, window shop, and visit family. Life is pretty mellow here on the coast. I definitely have time to blog and by golly, I'm making time to blog this month (and hopefully for months to come).
What could I eliminate? Most likely my television watching. We don't have cable, but we've been watching a few new (to us) shows: Freaks and Geeks, Felicity (me), and Battlestar Galactica (him). Of course, we're also watching Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, Community, The Office, and Law and Order: SVU, which is regular scheduled programming for us. But when I'm really bored and need to veg, I end up watching reruns of Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, Friends or The Office. It's comfort tv, people!
I think I also get in the way of writing. I blogged on Livejournal from 2000 until roughly 2008/2009 and I feel as if the novelty has worn off. Most blogs I read have a theme and I often feel this one should as well. I'm also worried about putting a lot of information out there for anyone to see, so I end up censoring myself by not writing at all. Regardless, I want to contribute to the blog-o-sphere and hope to continue to make ample time to write, at least a few times a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment