This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Word

Prompt: One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

Patience. I've had to challenge myself to be more patient with Andy in a roundabout way, from timing to daily chores and stepping away during disagreements. I've also had to exercise patience when it comes to our finances. It was very easy for the first half of the year to spend away until we changed locales & jobs which left us with a big ball of stress to navigate. I've lived paycheck to paycheck before, but even with two people in the same situation, providing comfort to each other during times of stress can be a definite test of patience. Thankfully, we have the same end goal of moving back home and securing more financially stable jobs. I believe the last five months have greatly strengthened my marriage and relationship, and just as I tell Andy when we're both feeling poopy about our coastal adventure, I wouldn't change any decision that we've made thus far. 

For 2011, I'm not quite sure what is to come in the following year! I have ideas of what I'd like to see happen, but always enjoy keeping my options open. If I were to choose one word upon which to reflect on this day next year, it would have to be surprise. It's just too soon to tell!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment