This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day #1: Who are you?

I'm Cara. I'm half of this blog (although I complete 99.97% of the writing, Andy did contribute once), and wish oh-so-much that I had the tenacity to update it more frequently. I think this meme that I'm borrowing from April will help to break the mold.

So, I'm a daughter (to several parents of birth, step, and in-law variety),  a sister (to one sister and 3 step-brothers), a wife (to my adorable husband), an aunt (to my old-soul of a nephew), and of course a granddaughter, niece, cousin, friend, and co-worker to many others. I currently live in Depoe Bay, Oregon and although this town shuts down by 7pm each night, I love the quaint and quiet feeling that comes with it. We recently moved here in mid-July due to a job change on Andy's part. I'm working at Rogue full time, tending bar at our distillery. It's not very thrilling and I've had time to read a few books, in-between customers and tours. I'll most likely continue my job search, even though I've been turned down recently for two jobs that I thought were in the bag. :( With that comes reading up on better interviewing techniques! I'm not terribly excited to switch over to serving full time, but at least it will involve more interaction during the working hours.

I'm into crocheting, scrap booking, taking photos, traveling, thrift shopping, volunteering, cooking and baking. With our lack of extra spending money, it's allowed me to tackle on more crafty and baking projects. I'd love to delve into new volunteer work once I get my work situation straightened out, seeing as I've been volunteering in some capacity for the last 10 years. Our traveling adventures are on hiatus at the moment. And with photography? It seems I have taken more photos of food I've cooked/baked in the last year more than anything (which reminds me of a post idea!). 

I am afraid of change, and with that, afraid to start new projects unless completely certain. I've recently looked into the qualifications to become a Doula, but think that I should experience a birth of my own before really delving in (but I think I'm just creating an excuse instead of jumping in!). I've had a lot of biological urges to procreate in the last several months, but know that a few things need to be put in place before this becomes true to life (money, for one). In the meantime, I read awesome baby/parenting blogs (along with several others dedicated to marriage, crafts, cooking, baking, traveling, feminism, sociology, home design, and life in general).

Well, this is me in a nutshell on the 15th day of September, 2010. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment