This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our story: Andy's version!

Early one morning, April 25th, 2008 to be exact, I reponded to a craigslist ad from a girl who sounded creative, interesting and fun. Also, she loved dilly bars. Much to my surprise, it was a real person! Most craigslist ads that sound unique and interesting are really spam for dating sites. We chatted for a few days, and decided to meet on the 29th. We went to the 15th St. Pub in Vancouver. We talked, and drank a few beers, then decided to head to Ground Kontrol in Portland for some retro game action! It was a great night. A few days later we went out for Sushi, bowling and a movie, Forgetting Sara Marshall. It was on that night we found out about the connection. In 1989, my family moved to 9th street in Camas. We bought the house from an older couple, the Peterson's, and they bought our house in Washougal. In an amazing twist of fate, it turns out that the Peterson's were Ray and Violet, Cara's grandparents! We were completely blown away when we figured this out! We continued dating for awhile. On the night of my birthday, I was at work and we were chatting online. I headed home for my break. As I walked up to my apartment, there was Cara! She had rushed over with a piece of birthday cake to give me on my break! At that moment, I knew how special she was! We continued dating and by the end of the month, we were an official couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment