This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer is here!

The big 3-0 is right around the corner! It feels as if summer vacation is on its way and my to-do lists are ever growing. I have just the right amount of time to complete everything before we head out of town for vacation.

I had a genius idea around the 10th of June to compile a post per day, documenting every birthday thus far. Alas, I haven't kept the idea fresh in my mind when I'm around my mom's to poke around albums for birthday photos. I probably have a few on my flickr page and a few loose childhood photos floating around that I could scan.

We're still running into our 30s with Couch to 5k. W8D2 is next, although W8D1 was mighty difficult for both of us, mentally and physically. Here's the segment I'd like to call 

Awesome running tips!
  1. Clip your toe nails and keep them short! Ugh. I found this out the hard way when my pinky toe dug into its neighbor, leaving an icky and painful mess. 
  2. Don't consume juice or anything sugary prior to a run; stick with water!
  3. Stretch. And when you haven't stretched enough, stretch a little more. 
  4. Drink more water. Water, water, WATER.
  5. If it's warmer outside than normal, run a little slower to ease into the hotness/humidity.  
I've been browsing 5k listing for late July/early August, hoping to peak Andy's interest (he finds them to be expensive). Yes, they can be with participation in frequent races, but think of the accomplishment you'd feel once complete! He won't read this so I might be preaching to the choir, but he's in veg mode at the moment and it's hard to retain his attention. Ugh, again. 

45 minutes later... We're registered for the Race for the Homeless, taking place on August 6, 2011! YAY! http://www.raceforthehomeless.org/ Matched donations will support Open House Ministries which helps homeless folks and families achieve self sufficiency.

Next agenda item... bed! I have more to share and will most likely have a few moments to write a post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment