This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Life at 31

Hiya!
Brain dump: engage!

You know what irks me? Babble dot com. Here I sit, perusing random blogs when all of the sudden I see a post that's telling me to check out the top shoes/dresses/doo dads of the summer. Then, BAM! Here comes Babble dot com and all its slowness. The preview pics are too small and the lag time is what does it. So, one close of the tab later and I'm hoping to find some other shoe or dress that someone else deems the hit of the summer on another beloved blog. /rant.
Fail. Every time. 

In good job news, I have a new job! I'm now a case manager for a transitional housing program at a local non-profit. Folks entering the program face many barriers to housing, but have a lot of goals and aspirations during their two year stint on the program. Our agency provides self-sufficiency classes and a rental subsidy for a majority of the households. I'm carrying a heavy case load at the moment, but things will even out a bit once our new case manager comes on in the next few weeks. My second week of work brought attendance at a statewide conference on ending homelessness in Yakima. Can't wait for my health bennies to kick in come September!

Yakima has its own slug bug.

In all seriousness (as this is the internet and all), I turned 31 yesterday with very little fanfare... and I enjoyed it. Just a busy workday followed by a mellow dinner with family at Woody's Tacos. I was even in bed by 11pm. Is this for reals, yo? My party-hardy days of the last decade have been tucked away into Livejournal posts, photos, scrapbooks, and the nooks and crannies of my mind.

Honey, welcome to my box. 

Here are some neato things I found around the internets this month:

I've started watching Dawson's Creek, which I did not watch in high school (save for one episode I recorded and subsequently fast-forwarded through for the scene which contained background music by Alanis Morissette). Maybe I thought it was just as cheesy then as I do now. And I'm pretty sure the 'secular' tone was frowned upon at my church's youth group, although I recall a few folks that watched it in secret. Silly boundaries for teenagers are silly. I'm only three episodes in but the music is a total flashback to late 90s pop. Here's a gem for ya!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment