This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 Intention: Read 25 books

I am terrible when it comes to sitting down and reading a book. There are at least 5 or 6 books on my nightstand that are halfway read, staring me down every night as I check my phone one last time for a game in Words With Friends or a last glance at my Facebook/Twitter feeds. Or my minds zips off to crafty projects I can start/finish, DVR shows I can watch, or anything else non-print related. Last year I had set a goal to read at least 25 pages per day, but that quickly flopped as we moved and settled into new jobs

I received a few books for Christmas including How to Live Dangerously, In Defense of Food, and Make the Bread, Buy the Butter. I also started reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle before the holidays (heck, it was probably over the summer), but alas, there it sits on my nightstand. I feel as if I am behind the times with books, but I somehow find the time to keep up with all 150+ blogs in my Google Reader feed. I usually take on my reader feed while at work, but aimlessly surf the 'net once I'm home (post-dinner/gym). It is definitely time to cut back on the internet browsing and stick my nose in a book.

Thankfully, Andy is really good at keeping me accountable. He has already zipped through at least three seven books in the last month, however, I was lucky to squeeze in about 30 pages (when I wrote this post earlier in the week) before I hit the hay, which means (for me) that I'm off to a good start. With that, my crazy goal for the year is to read 25 books. I remember the days when reading was fun and I really want to view this as an opportunity to expand my horizons, build my vocabulary and knowledge, and get back into good fiction. If I reach my goal before the end of the year, I'll keep reading. I've also set up a Pinterest board to keep track of what I've read, as well another board with books to complete/read. Here's to happy reading of the printed word!

Read the Printed Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment