This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Zombie Apocalypse 5k

Andy and I participated in the Zombie Apocalypse 5k Trail Run over the weekend at Lee Farms in Tualitan, OR over the weekend. Wow, was it was tough! The survivors (us) started two minutes before the zombies took off. Their goal was to pull flags off of the survivors and make it across the finish line.

Classy Las Vegas tee shirt

Dressed in purple!


 As we ran through a corn maze, dodged personnel in fatigues, listened to the warning sirens and trampled through the mud, we were informed to watch our back and keep up our pace! For awhile I was being "chased" by bad fruit: zombie bananas! Despite Andy getting over a cold and stung by a bee while racing, he clocked in around 32 minutes, and I finished at just over 38 minutes (the hills were not friendly). I really didn't notice how much of the first half was uphill until the second time around the course. The scenery of the farm was quite lovely and I'm really happy that we participated and finished.

Finishers!

Race swag
.


No comments:

Post a Comment