Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
Well, I haven't branched out as much as I thought I would with our move to the coast; I mainly know my co-workers (although not very well). It's most likely because this move is not permanent, I stopped opening up so much within my work environment, and I'm a huge homebody (so is Andy, but we do pry ourselves out of the house every now and again). I really miss crafty nights with the girls, happy hours, and family dinners. Shoot, I even miss being able to wander around Target or Powell's, or playing a few arcade games at Ground Control. I really don't want every post to sound like a whine fest, but we are really anxious to move back to the Portland-metro area.
I've mainly found community within the blogs I read and the staying caught up with folks via Facebook or email. In 2011, I'd like to be back in the big city, meeting up with friends and family, and maybe joining a book club, crafty group, or a random exercise class. Maybe I'll rejoin the Vancouver Community Concert Band too! That was always a nice escape on Tuesday nights to relax and play my clarinet. Anywho, for the time being, working on crafty gifts is helping me feel connected, even if I'm not around those I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment