This blog is 'Couve approved. Support for Team Candy comes from the letters ADB, CLK, and the number 29. Thank you for your patronage!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Details

A few photos with our dancing shoes on to show the pops of color with the poms. A few of the attendants could not 'puff' the poms! Thankfully, we had the help of a few others to create these lovelies.



When we were planning, I became quite bogged down with everything we could have had present at the ceremony and the reception. I didn't want it to be cookie cutter, but I did want it to be unique and reminiscent of us. It could have been very easy for me to go overboard with details and pick over everything with a fine-toothed comb. In the end, we really wanted everything to be simple, fun, and colorful. We wanted the room to pop, the mood to be light and cheerful, and for people to have fun. And fun is what we had!

I knew saving all those stamps when I was 9 years old would come in handy some day!

Vintage recipe card holder and tissue paper wedding bells,
along with leftover wedding invitation paper.

Flowers from the Vancouver Farmers Market, purchased a few hours earlier.

Granny Squares (purchased at an estate sale) and glow sticks adorned the kids' table.

I wanted Hannah to have free reign on her dress, flowers, and ribbon.
I loved the color choice!

I found this bottle and two of its friends next to a free sign at my neighbor's house.

Many glass mason jars and vases were thrifted and collected to hold flowers.


Crayons on the table inspired those to leave us kind-hearted messages.
We also used scrapbook paper underneath the flower arrangements.

Cake topper!


Vintage matchbooks, picked up in bulk at an antique show, placed in thrifted plates.

I love the color!

This Hallmark gem was found at an estate sale, without her groom.


I've been collecting children's books for some time, for the purpose of card making and
scrap booking. Having the books on the table tied back to our wedding invitations.






Notes from our loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment